Tuesday 22 November 2016

Almerta Station

Whilst here in Australia I recently spent some time learning about the ins and outs of the station hand role as I lived and worked on Almerta station in the Flinders Ranges, SA. The work was varied and has given me a lot to learn, think about, and take away with me. The family  and everyone whom I met on the station are great, the land is stunning as well as ever changing, and they also offer accommodation for tourists and visitors so I must suggest that if you ever are in the area then you absolutely have to stay with them for a while. You can find them at www.almertastation.com.au and on Facebook, or simply pull in at the old car!

During my time there I also had the extra pleasure of refurbishing some of their old signs, making some new ones, and also getting along with a few other creative projects too . . .









































Copyright Robert Catterall  © 2016