Sunday 24 March 2013

Dragilla!

  I was lucky enough to have one of my designs chosen from the Great Gorilla Project which I sent in entries a few months ago and have just got back from painting the sculpture in the Guildhall Shopping Centre, Exeter. I was situated in a vacant shop window so that lots of people could view me working, and lots of little kids pulling faces through the glass  : D
  The Whole experience was great fun and am thrilled to have taken part in such an event. I was the first to complete my gorilla so it shall remain on view for a few weeks and slowly be joined by all the other South Devon artist's gorillas.
  It's much better in the flesh so get down for a look while you can and before it's moved from front view.

  There are also lots of other aspects running with this project, one of which will be a miniature trail at the Babbacome Model Village which am excited about.

Here's a few snaps of the finished gorilla . . .











Copyright Robert Catterall  © 2013